Our Banking Litigation team specialises in advising lenders, financial institutions, corporate borrowers and personal borrowers in relation to all types of disputes arising out of banking arrangements, both domestically and internationally.
We can advise lenders on enforcing securities over companies and have specialist experience in making Administration applications, including out of court appointment of Administrators.
The partner heading the department has particular expertise in domestic & international banking and trade finance including documentary letters of credit.
For borrowers, whether you have a dispute with your bank over unfair banking practices, negligent advice provided by an employee of the bank or a contractual dispute over mortgage terms and conditions, we can provide advice for the most pragmatic solution to your problem. We also have experience in challenging personal guarantees obtained under duress.
Our team can assist with the following:
- Letters before action
- Issue of County Court and High Court claims against default borrowers and guarantors
- Enforcement of judgments
- Protection and recovery of assets including injunctive relief and asset tracing
- Cross-border recovery
- Enforcement of legal charges including appointment and sale by Law of Property Act Receivers
- Enforcement of debentures
- Insolvency-related advice
- Recovery of corporate lending secured by directors’ guarantees
- Substantial commercial and lending based disputes